- 10-10:45 PM 6/19 - stand at carousel looking for luggage
- 10:45-11:15 PM 6/19 - work with Ethiopia Airways representative on our lost Lufthansa luggage (yikes...).
- 11:15 PM 6/19 - assured that luggage would be on tomorrow's Lufthansa flight LH598
- 9:30 PM 6/20 - call Bole airport, assured that LH598 has landed but since the system is down representative could not confirm arrival of luggage. Recommended to come to airport
- 9:50 PM 6/20 - arrive at airport. LH598 has not landed. It is delayed.
- 9:50-11:15 PM 6/20 - drink buna bu'wetet (coffee with milk) and play Civ Revolution on my i-Phone while waiting for flight. No estimate on arrival.
- 11:15 PM 6/20 - return to hotel sans luggage as there is no information on when to expect flight LH598 and no way to let Larisa know what is happening
- 11:25 PM 6/20 - get halfway to hotel and return to airport for a more important guest
- 11:55 PM 6/20 - finally get back to hotel
- 12:00AM 6/21 - medicate self to counteract buna bu'wetet
- 8:30 AM 6/21 - call airport to ensure luggage has arrived. System still down. Instructed to come in
- 8:50 AM 6/21 - arrive at airport, clear security at doors and again at the baggage claim. Representative instructs me to look for the luggage myself (unclaimed luggage area roughly 25' high by 60' long by 15' deep)
- 9:00 AM 6/21 - find my luggage
- 9:30 AM 6/21 - return to hotel
- 10:00 AM 6/21 - delight Sintayehu with lots of new toys and snacks
- 10:15 PM 6/21 - receive phone call from airport indicating that they have our luggage...and we can come pick it up at the airport. Ummm....no, you don't, because we've had it in our hotel room for over 12 hours now!
7 hours ago